Travel Diary, City of Melbourne

February 19, 2013

Today we went into the city centre of Melbourne. My family live in Melbourne so I've been here before, however usually when we go on holiday here we are away for around three weeks and just sort of chill out... however, this time I only have ten days here so I am determined to pack everything I want to do here into a small amount of time, it's busy but so much fun!

First of all we went to the Eureka Tower. The tower is eighty eight floors high, you get a lift that takes you up there in thrity eight seconds and the views from the top are unreal. We bought the 'sun and stars' tickets which were great, this meant we could come back twice in a day and see the beautiful sights both during the day and at dusk. It was an awesome experience and we could see everything, including Flinders Street Station, Melbourne Cricket Grounds, AAMI Park, Yarra River and we also saw a bushfire on the horizon. We were unbelievably lucky at how clear the sky was.
Me at the Eureka Tower Skydeck!

 Next my sister-in-law took me to the Lindt Cafe, everything there is exclusively made by lindt and with Lindt products. The architecture of the building was so surreal, all white with intrinsically detailed pillars and a balcony that went all the way around the top floor. I had a belgian waffle with white chocolate ice-cream and molten milk chocolate to pour over, it was so cute because the waffles were in heart shapes! My sis-in-law had a molten chocolate cake with strawberries and cream. It was such a cute little cafe, however the dishes were so rich and filling it is definitely not somewhere I would considering going to every day

After a mission to try and find a memory card, which surprisingly is very difficult in the middle of the city, we had lunch! Instead of eating in the city we decided to get a cab to Lygon Street, Carlton the Italian dining hub of Melbourne. We stopped at Borsari Ristorante and had our dinner here. I had whitebait for starters which was so good, followed by carbonara. I used to enjoy carbonara however I think I ate so much of it last year I find it difficult to stomach it now, nevertheless the whitebait and what little I ate of the carbonara was divine! 

Our last stop was back to the Eureka Tower to check out the nighttime scenery it had to offer. The view from the top was beautiful and the lights looked so pretty. It took me a while to work out how to take pictures through the window without getting my reflection in the picture but eventually I worked it out and it was amazing to have such a great experience! There is even an outside area, that you can stand in , and although windy, I believed to be the best spot as it enabled me to get such good shots!


Today was incredible and I am so grateful I have the opportunity to be able to travel and be able to visit so many beautiful places as I will remember days like today for the rest of my life!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

recent posts

Followers

Subscribe